Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 16

Day 16--Thursday, September 5

I was supposed to have another PT session today...I just couldn't.  I was so sore!  I definitely need to work more on my lower back.  It must be the weakest part of my body.  I'll start doing dead lifts and "good mornings" on days that are only cardio.  I didn't even get to do Pump tonight...I was booked in, and it turned out it was going to be Metafit, since Katie is away.  Ah!  My chance to take Metafit, so I was willing to give a go.  Only 2 of us were of the same mind, so they cancelled it :(  Oh well, I really need a day off, anyway.

Had my appointment with Stephanie today...I eat way too many carbs!  I know that now, in hindsight, but I thought I was eating pretty healthy things.   Not really, it turns out.  It's hard to think, at first, in terms of macronutrients:  carbs, fats, proteins.    But all those carbs are what is making me feel so hungry all the time.  And I turn to more carbs to feed the hunger the carbs are creating in the first place.  Self feeding cycle....

Well, I have to pretty much eliminate the fruits in my diet ( or at least reduce them).  No white carbs (white breads, rices, pastas, potatoes); no carrots...this one struck me as odd at first.  Carrots are supposed to be healthy, right?  Well, they're high in sugar, so no carrots.  I'll have to completely rethink my food choices....this is going to be hard...

So, lots of lean protein (chicken, pork, turkey), beans, lentils...I wonder if I can have tofu.  I actually like tofu...will have to check on that.  Lots of veg.  No (or less) fruit.  Brown rice and pasta.  I'm going to pretty much eliminate bread.  I rely on it far to often.

Daily Food Journal
Breakfast
Coffee with whitener
Semi-skimmed milk--150 ml
Banana
Kellog's Special K Cereal Fruit and Nut--40 g
another coffee with whitener

Lunch
Salad!!!! WOOHOO!  :|

Dinner
Pollock
Baby new potatoes--100g
Carrots-1
Broccoli--100g
Vinaigrette--3 Tbsp

Snacks
Coffee with whitener
Bread and jam...it seems this is my favorite snack lately...and it won't be anymore, not after todays meeting with Stephanie

Daily Calories:  1409

No comments:

Post a Comment