Thursday, August 22, 2013

Body Pump Thursdays

Hello :)

Body Pump, with Katie, was on the agenda today.  I really enjoy this class.  It's a great class to take if you want to see results quickly.  I don't just measure success on my weight or waistline, I measure how much weight I can put on my bar for progress.   I've been going to the gym, off and on, for the past one and half years, and even though I just started doing Pump again last Thursday night, and on Saturday, I can already see the difference.  I can increase the weight on my bar for at least 3 tracks!   I like feeling stronger; fitter.  I like seeing results, and I'm seeing them!  In addition to Body Pump, I walked from my house to Tesco's and back; according to Google Maps, that's about 1.8 miles :)

Fitness, for me, is not just working out.  It's also diet.  I've been told that to lose weight, it should be about 60% diet, and 40% exercise.  "Diet" is my nemesis.  I love food.  LOVE IT.  Sweet, sour, savory...doesn't matter.  If it tastes good, I'll eat it.  And this is going to be the thing that will be my achilles heel.  So, I've started writing down everything I eat.  Every little morsel.  It's a bit difficult to see it all written down.

Here's my food intake for the day:
7:00am--coffee with 3 tsp coffee whitener (I grew up drinking coffee with whitener, and I can't seem to take it with milk)
9:17am--100g Fage 0% Greek yogurt; 6 strawberries; 1 Tbsp clear honey (Love this for breakfast...it feels a bit indulgent, while still being healthy)
10:18am--1 large banana (~200g); 100ml semi-skimmed milk; coffee with 3 tsp coffee whitener (wasn't hungry, but...what can I say, I just wanted a banana, and I really like to have it with milk)
12:00pm--salad:  1 tomato, 50g little gem lettuce, 25g cucumber, 1 mushroom, 25 raisins, 25g vinaigrette, 50g chicken breast; 1/2 slice homemade bread; 1 skinny cow choco mint ice lolly (I am really enjoying having salads for lunch.  I'm trying all sorts of different vinaigrettes, and I'm actually looking forward to salad!  And...I really wanted something sweet.  I figured 95 calories of ice cream isn't that bad....)
4:00pm--beef stew (1 1/2 large bowls), made with beef strips, onion, carrot, baby potatoes, peas and swede, and oxo beef cube.
8:45pm--75ml semi-skimmed milk.  I like having a bit of milk at the end of the day, after a workout.  It's supposed to help with muscle soreness, and I've found that it does help. :)

All in all, I've had about 1354 calories today, according to MyFitnessPal, an app I use to do the calorie counting for me.  I'm not sure if that's too little, or too much.  I'm thinking some will say too little...some will say too much.  It is what it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment